- This event has passed.
JobSearch Bootcamp for December 2019 Business School Graduates
October 23 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
THIS IS A SERIES OF WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE VIA ZOOM FOR DECEMBER 2019 GRADUATES (both undergrad and grad) OF THE CU DENVER BUSINESS SCHOOL ONLY!
Whether you’re an undergraduate or grad student anticipating walking across the stage to receive your degree at the end of this semester, if you haven’t landed a job, you may be watching your stress level rise dramatically. Fear not – we’ve got you covered!
We’ll meet throughout the semester to equip you with job search skills so that you can relax on graduation day, knowing that you’ve landed a job you want. Here’s the format for the series:
- Every session will be 90 minutes.
- Each time we meet, we will cover content important to landing a job. You can attend one session, a few sessions, or the entire series – it’s up to you, but make sure you register for at least one session so that you receive connection details.
- The first hour of every session will include topics such as where to find jobs (tapping the hidden job market), how to wrestle with applicant tracking systems (in other words: keyword optimization), and the top two surprising tools you need for your job search (hint: this list doesn’t include your resume).
- The final 30 minutes of each session is dedicated to Q&A, and it’s fine to just show up for that portion of our time together.
- We will have a Microsoft Teams forum (this is similar to Slack – it’s a workspace where we can post articles, content, and have discussions and you’ll be able to post questions, celebrations, concerns, and other topics between sessions)