This year’s fifth-annual “Become a Business Leader with an Edge” event on October 25 broke all previous attendance records, topping out at 303 students. Representing diverse interests and backgrounds, the students arrived at St. Cajetan’s on the Auraria Campus with a single purpose–to hear from area executives about the emerging possibilities in business and information technology (IT). The panel featured CITI and IT executives from top private and public organizations in the Denver region:
- Gail Coury: Vice President, Risk Management, Global IT, Oracle
- James Gaulke: PDC Energy
- Ron Huston: State Government
- Audrey Kiszla: Vice President of Project Delivery, Oppenheimer
- Ken Migaki: CIO, Group Voyager Inc.
- Molly Rauzi: City and County of Denver
- Scott Threlkeld: Information Systems Manager, Delta Dental of Colorado
Throughout the evening, the distinguished panel addressed questions submitted in advance by students and moderated by Larry Nelson, co-founder of w3w3® Media Networks. Discussions ranged across a spectrum of IT developments, including the “flattening” of world markets, the role of cloud computing and the tightening of security provisions.