Metro Caring Food Drive hosted by HASO
September 12 - September 28
HASO is the MBA Health Administration organization who is organizing a food drive to help Metro Caring, a health-focused organization, collect food for those in need. There will be a box to donate on the first floor of the CU Denver Business School by the security desk beginning September 12- September 27th.
Food to donate:
- Low sodium/ no salt added canned or dry fruit, vegetables, tomato sauce, vegetable juice, 100% fruit juice, diced tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce.
- Oatmeal, low sugar/high fiber cereal, whole-wheat flour, and whole-grain crackers.
- Canned chicken, dried beans, peas, peanut butter, and canned tuna.
- Choose shelf-stable low-fat or non-fat dairy products fortified with vitamin D.
- Diapers, feminine hygiene products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and hand sanitizer.
Metro Caring is a welcoming, dignified, health-focused organization, open to everyone in the Denver metro area. Metro Caring is meeting people’s immediate food needs while sustainably addressing the root cause of hunger: poverty. At the same time that we provide nutritious groceries to our hungry neighbors, we offer comprehensive, wrap-around anti-poverty programming so that families can break the cycle of food insecurity.